Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sawyer's Baptism


We are very blessed.
Sawyer Paule Baker
was baptised on January 23, 2011.
His Godfather is Chris Swift.
His Godmother is Carrie Baker.







Sawyer's Great-Grandparents drove from St. Louis to El Reno for the baptism.  The last time they were able to make this long journey was for Diesel's baptism three years ago.  My sister and her husband also made the long trip.  I am so thankful that they made the baptism a priority.


This was not only a special day for Sawyer.
Autym Riley Baker
was also baptised. 
Her Godfather is Trevor Ellis.
Her Grandmother is Theresa Balan.


Not only is Ross a brother and brother-in-law.
Not only is Trisha a sister-in-law.
They are our best friends.
We were blessed to have two beautiful, perfect babies.
We are blessed to be able to share a baptism birthday.
We are blessed to be so close to our family members.
We pray that our children will grow up loving each other in the same way we, adults, love each other. 



 The cake....
Oh, the drama.
How hard is is to get a circular, white cake with a cross?
I guess it's very, very hard.
I was not able to find one for less than $60.
And with two kids who need childcare, a $60 cake was not possible. 
So, we got this cake, and people ate it.
It worked for the purpose.





After the baptism, my wonderful mother-in-law provided lunch for everyone at her home.  The following pictures were either taken at her house or the church. 








1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are becoming such a wonderful blogger!!! I love the pictures. :) Can you send me the ones of me and you, me and saw, and me and D?

    ReplyDelete