Friday, January 28, 2011

I miss my dad.

This blog has taken a couple days of thought.
I want to use the right words. 
I don't want to cry when I type it.
Too late.  I eyes are already swelling with tears.

I miss my dad.

Yes, my dad is still a big part of my life.
Yes, he is still alive.
But, I haven't seen him in a while, and he's never met
Sawyer. 
It's not his fault.
It's not mine.
He just lives too far away, and time has not allowed either one of us the opportunity to see each other. 

He was supposed to meet Sawyer in December, but unforeseen circumstances didn't allow it. 
So we never got to celebrate Christmas together.

However...

When my grandparents came from St. Louis to Oklahoma to witness Sawyer's baptism, they brought a carload of presents from Poppie (my dad), Grandma Suzie (my stepmother), Taylor (my stepsister), and Garrett (my stepbrother).  Before my dad, stepmother, and step-siblings moved to Washington, they left the Christmas presents with my grandparents in Missouri. 

So, we decided to do Christmas the "new-fashioned" way.  We unwrapped presents on Skype.  That way, Dad and Suzanne got to watch Diesel open up all his presents.

And they got to meet Sawyer.... on the computer.






Yep, that's them on the computer screen!

The boys love their gifts. 

Even David. 
He can't wait to try out the fishing vest.
Diesel won't put his Fisherprice iXL down.

I love mine too.
I love my Vera Bradley backpack.

But most of all, I loved getting to spend Christmas (finally) with my dad. 

He won't get to open our presents until June. 
Hopefully they don't break during the flight.
Hopefully he'll get to hold Sawyer.

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful daughter. You're Dad and I are very lucky to have you in our lives!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss him too... and I don't have kids to share. :(

    ReplyDelete