Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cowman


Diesel and Mommy had a long discussion on the way home from school today. 
This was day #2 of getting in trouble at school.
Yesterday, Diesel was put back in the two-year-old room (from the three-year-old room) because he was spitting.
You see, the three-year-old room is a privilege. 
One that is taken away for being a goofus (they use the words goofus and gallant to explain behavior choices).
Diesel is in the process of moving up in classrooms.

Well, today Diesel, once again, was put back in the two-year-old room.  Today, he decided to yell at his friends. 

He claims he doesn't remember doing this. 

Daddy told Diesel this morning that if he was a good boy, he would help Diesel put together his basketball goal.  Grammie and Papa Baker bought Diesel a basketball goal for Christmas.  It's still in the box, and Diesel has been patiently waiting for nice weather. 

Well, Diesel was a goofus.

The basketball goal will not be put together tonight.

Diesel cried a few "tears" when I reminded him of the consequence to his behavior.  Then, he said, "That's ok.  I'll just play Cowman tonight."  I said, "You mean, cowBOY?"  He simply replied, "No, I don't want to be a boy.  I want to be a man.  A cowman."

I couldn't help but laugh.

He said Daddy would buy him the horse so he could be a real cowman.  I said, using appropriate language, that there's no way in hell Dad's buying you a horse.

We got home, and since the weather was nice, and Diesel's been asking for a while, I decided to take out his carseat to wash.   I set the seat up on the porch and asked him to push it inside.  He looked at me and said, "I'm not big enough yet.  I will go inside and eat a lot of food.  I will get bigger then.  I will help you later."

I took the carseat in myself. 

I love being a Mommy.  My boys always make me smile.  Even if they are being a
goofus. 

3 comments:

  1. Tell Diesel that Gigi says he's the cutest cowMAN in Oklahoma, but to be the best cowMAN in Okalahoma he needs to be a very good and gallant young man at school AND at home.

    I love you guys and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goofus and galant from highlights right? Great story!
    -Shawna

    ReplyDelete