Monday, July 11, 2011

Pre-Kindergarten Teacher

At the end of the school year last year, one of my sweet second graders handed me a card.  It was a thank-you card with a $40 gift certificate to Kohls and a $10 gift certificate to Sonic.  When I opened it, she said, "The Sonic card is from me.  The Kohls one is from my mom.  I'm not supposed to tell you this, but my mom said you're too skinny and your clothes are too baggy.  She said that you need to buy yourself some new clothes." 

Well, I finally spent the Kohls gift card today.  I bought myself a pair of capris, two house rugs, and this:


Why did I buy this (even though it's a little baggy)?  Because I'm a PRE-KINDERGARTEN TEACHER!  I, as a 27-year-old, can get away with wearing things like this to work!  So, if you're ever wondering what to get me for Christmas or my birthday or something just because you love me (or my blog) so much, I need some new work shirts! 

By the way, a few weeks after school was out I received an email from the mom who purchased the Kohls and Sonic gift card.  She said that her daughter slipped and told her about telling me I was too skinny.  She said in the email that she was terribly embarrassed.  I replied and told her not to be embarrassed.  I don't know anyone who would ever complain that someone said they were too skinny (especially 7 months after having a baby)!  Thanks to her daughter, though, I packed up all my maternity clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment