Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Washing Maching that will be Passed Down for Generations




Every time my washing machine or dryer breaks, I can't help but get a little
excited.

My washing machine and dryer are AT LEAST 13 years old.  They were passed down to me from my mother.  And although I love my mother very, very much, I do not want to pass them down to my daughter (if I ever have a daughter).

I want a new set.

I know we can't afford a new set, but when they break for good, we won't have a choice but to buy new ones.

Well, my washer broke about a month ago.  I excitedly told David it was broken. 

He, the man who thinks he can fix everything, tipped the washing machine on its side. 
He took out hundreds of pieces. 
He found the broken ones.
He looked online.
He found the pieces for sale (yes, even though the machine is over 13 years old).
He bought them.
He rushed shipped them.
They came in the mail 3 days later.


He (and Diesel) fixed the washing machine.

When he was done, he smiled and said, "We're going to have this washer and dryer forever."



3 comments:

  1. haha, well I need a washing machine come August! You can give it to me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Ashley, tell David your MOTHER said it's now Aimee's turn with them ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as Chris can fix it! Something has to be replaced about every 6 months on the washer or dryer.

    ReplyDelete